Indirect training

Novada is a desert and grassland state. The area was once forested, but has since been clearcut to make room for wheat, corn and other crops. The desert that was once a small and cold has since grown nearly double in size thanks to the deforestation and climate change in the area. There are 3 main regions in Novado, Stumplands is the name given to the barren land of tree stumps on the west coats of the Laurentia. It was here almost all of the Laurentia's lumber and wood came from. All that cutting and deforestation also resulted in the creation of both the Desert of Shifting Sands and the Stumplands. A seemingly average arid desert, these sands take to heart the aspect of balance and counterbalance. With arid hot days come bitter cold nights. With rain and humidity in one week comes drought and flash fires the next, with senses of danger comes senses of peace. The land itself is the embodiment of both extremes in shifting, alternating tandem. The Devoid Grasslands is a region of the Laurentia that is relatively barren and void of living things, besides grass that is. The grass however is not green, it is a light tan colour that makes it appear as sand from far off. In the wind, grass vortexes are whipped up creating quite the sight. A massive Grand Canyon also runs through this state.
Miles Seiler
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

*R.A.T. knowing Lloyd would need some sort of training to defend himself at some point in time thought on the way back to the order he would stop the motorcycle with power slide. Assuming people may be watching he took on the personality of R.A.T. acting like he was a kid that decided to follow him.*

*Once off the motorcycle he turned to Lloyd and spoke looking him in the eye.*

"Alright kid if you want to live with me I might as well pass my training down to someone so my talents live on. Besides, these skills will be useful if you ever find yourself under attack. Now tell me is there a type of weapon that your family trained you in at all?"

*After this R.A.T. had put on his goggles and activated the thermal vision scanning the environment for heat signatures matching humanoids. if he saw something he would speak loudly enough for them to hear him facing directly at them if not then he would say nothing.*

"Greetings sir"
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

*Lloyd got off the motorcycle and spoke in a shy manner.*

"Well my family has always valued the sword in combat, but I recall my father being a master in cqc unarmed combat, besides that I currently have my companions to assist in my combat....i'll show you but promise not to freak out?"

*It was at this point even though he knew Miles wouldn't freak out he was not sure about the public personality known as R.A.T. Although this disguise was an annoyance in their father son relationship he knew Miles did this to protect him from being a target.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

☼There was, in fact, one person who was in the area. I was sitting atop a large boulder some 50 yards away from the pair when they arrived, and due to the fact that a motorcycle was hard to miss out here, I quickly took to watching as they dismounted the bike. Upon hearing one of them, the old of the pair, call out to me upon seeing me, I waved back, though didn't move from my spot. I wasn't sure why they were here, and I wasn't about to trust them either. Who knows, they might have been out here to try and steal my boulder...yes, the boulder I was sitting on. Ridiculous as that may sound, it was true...this was a very special boulder, one some people might consider worth stealing. I waited where I was, still watching and not making any other movements...though I kept very close watch on the pair.☼
Miles Seiler
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

*Noticing the person not moving he left it at that but paid attention to him incase he was to attack. With most of his attention redirected to Lloyd while secretly Heavens "watched" the other person through will signature sense. Sensing Heavens however would be a challenge that he would not meet since heavens was mixed into Miles's biological body making it hard to distinguish between the two.*

"I promise not to freakout, ive been in multiple wars and seen stuff no man has seen. What these creatures are could never surprise me."

*R.A.T. said looking at lloyd directly*

(If your confused about the miles/rat thing out of character they are the same person its just Rat is his public persona and Miles is who he really is however he keeps it incredibly well hidden and his power signature if sensed to others seems like a lowly level 5 or 4. somewhere around there.)
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

*With a sigh after turning away from the onlooker he summoned his xen allies as creatures that looked like aliens from another realm appeared in place of these strange orange and green spheres of odd energy vanished just as fast as they came. (refer to his companions post for visuals and locations on body) Scared of R.A.T.'s reaction he looked up at R.A.T. hoping he wasn't freaked out as these creatures were clearly alive breathing and moving on their own with their own life signature.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

☼I continued to watch the pair, as the younger turned away from myself, and let loose...something...there was something, some strange glow of energy, which passed as quickly as it came, and I knew of it no more. My curiosity lingered on this only a moment before returning to what it rested on before: why the pair were out here in the first place...my concern still included my boulder, which I still sat upon. Deciding to get a little closer of a feeling for these two, I slid one of my hands down to touch the boulder's surface, and upon doing so, released several Kikeri from my finger tips, which snaked their way down the surface of the boulder and down into the soil below, probably too small to be noticed from this distance. From there, they snaked their way underground towards the pair, soon to arrive directly below them...though for now they made no above ground disturbance, and hopefully they would remain undetected.☼
Miles Seiler
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

*As R.A.T. saw these creatures he stepped back cautiously.*

*Heavens within him noticed the creatures below mentally alerting R.A.T. of this. With a look downward R.A.T. saw them through will vision and followed the trail to the onlooker through just looking with his eyes. When he saw the one on the boulder he assumed it as a possible threat and held ready to draw the glock he had his hand on in the general dump pouch. With a booming voice he would speak directly to him.*

"Nice trick mind explaining why you have them positioned underneath us?"

*R.A.T. watch carefully ready to move at a moments notice.*
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

*Lloyd looked over to the man on the boulder then down curious as to what is down there and how he notices them. Some gurgle and odd noises would come from the creatures on Lloyd and they all would eye the man on the boulder carefully protective of loyd. while them looking at him would not be easily noticed they would be ready to defend him if needed.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

((They're actually strings, sorry...lack of explanation...))

☼I stared blankly at the man as he yelled out to me, and the strings stopped their movements immediately. I watched both of them closely for a few moments, my other hand slowly retreating into the sleeve of my robe, very slowly, perhaps not to be noticed. After my pause, I spoke, though it seemed like my voice came from underneath rather than traveling from where I was on the boulder.☼

"Just taking a closer look is all...and now I turn the question on you...what are you doing here...?"
Miles Seiler
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

*R.A.T. pulled his hand fro the dump pouch and had both hands empty.*

"Training and some demonstrations on Lloyds abilities."
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

"Training, huh..?"

☼Came the voice again. I thought for a few moments, suddenly interested in what was going on. This boulder, although precious, wasn't going anywhere soon, especially if no one was after it. A grin crossed my lips, and I spoke again.☼

"There's no training like a straight on fight..."

☼I said, simply. Then I fell silent again, waiting...perhaps they would take that hint and I would get to see some action, finally. If they didn't, I might attack anyways...though I knew I had to be cautious of the older one...his ability to sense my Kikeri strings put him on a higher level than most I encountered.☼
Miles Seiler
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

"A spar huh? Well ill gladly oblige, but Lloyd is not ready for a spar as of yet. First let me gear up."

*With a loud thud dropping the backpack that was once on his back he unzipped it open to pull out an aug, 2 glocks in drop leg holsters, a strange black box with a red dot attached in a black plastic type material holster, 3 grenades and a combat knife. Once by one the guns were attached to his plate carrier and on his person with 2 spare mags each weapon on him. Once his aug was clipped to the bungee one point sling already attached to his plate carrier, his box like device was on his vest near his lower right backside of the platecarrier vest, and drop legs were in place with the grenades held onto the vest via the carabeener attached to the pin he calibrated his clothing and pattern apparently as his platecarrier and clothing changed looks to a flektarn pattern to match the environment. Once all was said and done he turned to Lloyd*

"Might want to step back kid. Things are about to get violent."

*with a pull of the cocking lever and release letting it slam forward it cocked a round in the chamber of the aug and waited for Lloyd to reach a safe distance.*
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

*Lloyd rapidly had the strange barnacle creature go on his hand and shoot it's toungue for one of the trees in the distance which would grip the tree once it hit yanking him farther away like a grappling hook.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

☼I thought for a moment about what the man said, then shrugged, not really caring all that much. Once the kid was out of the way, I made my move, not waiting for the man to make his move. In less than a second, the Kikeri underground became Earth Kikeri, becoming more durable and fusing with the ground around it. I thrust my hand that was laying on the boulder before into the air, and the ground fractured, and a huge slab of earth blasted upwards directly in front of the man, attempting to face-plant him into the ground...literally. I continued to maintain the Earth Kikeri, watching for the man's response, and keeping my defenses up, in case any attacks came my way.☼

Return to “Novada”