Kasane's Exam Part 2: Obstacles in the Shifting Sands

Novada is a desert and grassland state. The area was once forested, but has since been clearcut to make room for wheat, corn and other crops. The desert that was once a small and cold has since grown nearly double in size thanks to the deforestation and climate change in the area. There are 3 main regions in Novado, Stumplands is the name given to the barren land of tree stumps on the west coats of the Laurentia. It was here almost all of the Laurentia's lumber and wood came from. All that cutting and deforestation also resulted in the creation of both the Desert of Shifting Sands and the Stumplands. A seemingly average arid desert, these sands take to heart the aspect of balance and counterbalance. With arid hot days come bitter cold nights. With rain and humidity in one week comes drought and flash fires the next, with senses of danger comes senses of peace. The land itself is the embodiment of both extremes in shifting, alternating tandem. The Devoid Grasslands is a region of the Laurentia that is relatively barren and void of living things, besides grass that is. The grass however is not green, it is a light tan colour that makes it appear as sand from far off. In the wind, grass vortexes are whipped up creating quite the sight. A massive Grand Canyon also runs through this state.
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*After the first part of the exam, I would suddenly find myself, Thanatos, and Apophis all teleport into the desert regions of the New Laurentia Empire. The sight was familiar and refreshing...like coming home after a long journey. The first part of the exam had been hard work, and although I had had all energy and health returned to me, I still felt a little taxed from going up against tG in battle over the spheres. Although I would never admit it aloud, I was surprised that tG had actually lasted as long as he did and I was a little impressed with his abilities...compared to the last time we had fought. I leaned against Apep, looking out across the sands in silence, wondering what the first obstacle would be. Thanatos waited beside me in his "puppy" form, wagging his tail and all cute, etc... I sighed, as I looked out, a little annoyed at the sudden change. I was expecting to finish the exam how it was playing out, and had even made a second plan for the second sphere hitting....a good one too...However, I pushed it out of my mind, knowing it wouldn't do much good for me to hold onto that any longer. I just decided to focus on the here and now...and keep my guard up. And so I waited...waited for the sign of where to go and what to do.*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
Thundarius
Tartarian of the Order

Thundarius would make himself present, it wasn't anything flashy, just him appearing standing about 1 foot off the sand looking at Kasane. He looked around the Desert with sadness on his mind, long ago this was a Jungle, his jungle, but now because of the Empire it was nothing but this seemingly lifeless void of sand, and Thundarius didn't like sand, or this sand at least.

"What your looking for is inside one of the Pyramids over there, it's a small Orb, no bigger than a Pokeball." Thundarius would say pointing towards the Pyramids.

This is all he would say, all he could say, hinting would be too easy, that and he wanted to quickly leave the area.
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*After Thundarius left, Thanatos and I jumped up on Apep's back, before he took off, blasting towards the pyramids. When we drew close, I began to meditate, focusing both the force and my own sand powers to seek out and search for which pyramid the orb would be located. After a quite a few minutes of intense meditation, I would open my eyes once again. I pointed towards the middle of the three pyramids, indicating that's where we should go. I could feel the presence of the orb there, however, I had no idea exactly where the orb was hidden, that much I couldn't tell without getting much closer. Apophis took us down to the entrance of the pyramid, where we entered in. Apep remained outside, as he huge form wouldn't fit into the tight passages of the pyramid, although I could always summon him if needed. Thanatos, on the other hand followed me in, still in puppy form. Thankfully he could change size. Once we entered in, I started along the path, katana drawn and blazing with flames around it, allowing enough light to see at least 5 feet ahead of us. We continued onward, both on guard for whatever traps may be hidden. Thankfully, I was pretty familiar with pyramid traps and such, so I wasn't all that worried. I also kept a trail of sand flowing behind us, like bread crumbs, in case we got lost.*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
Environment

As soon as the two entered the Pyramid, a massive stone would drop down behind them sealing off the exit and turning the lit hallways into pure darkness. A bright flash would then cover the entire Pyramid as from afar, Thundarius was giving the Pyramid the same properties as the buildings of the order, and that was making them indestructible. The only way out of here was getting that orb.

Ahead of Kasane the pyramid would break off into two hallways, one to the left and the other to the right. In the middle of the intersection there was a small tiles that had hieroglyphs on it. Around this tiles were other tiles that were smaller, some broken, some intact, some in so many pieces they looks like pebbles. To the right corridor there was a small glowing red light almost resembling two eyes. to the left, the same darkness that the rest of the corridors had.
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*I walked down the corridor unmoved at the sudden sealing of the pyramid. I was expecting that much, although Thanatos did whimper a little from it. I reached down to pat him on the back, attempting to comfort him a little before moving on. When we came to the fork in the road, I stopped, looking at the hieroglyphs, running a finger over them. I then looked down both of the hallways, noting the eyes, and the darkness of each, deciding what to do. It was in this moment I realized how long it had been since I actually stepped foot in a pyramid....my Hieroglyphic reading was a little rusty...but I managed to make out what was necessary...and I also knew that red eyes tended to be a bad sign, usually.

However, I wanted to make sure, so after making mental and eye contact with Thanatos, we suddenly turned, each to a different hallway, each unleashing a large and drawn out blast of flames into the hallways. I sent "normal" flames from around my sword into the dark hallway, while Thanatos sent purplish flames into the hallway, Thanatos' flames were flames of Hades' Guard, a flame designed to burn through spiritual and energy based substances at an increased rate (using it as a fuel). If there were any traps with red eyes that had to do with energy or spiritual stuff, they would probably catch fire and be burnt away. If not then at the very least, both hallways would be lit up for the both of us to see (using mental connection), so that we could more easily discern if there was anything in particular down the hallways that was covered by the darkness. From there, we waited to see what happened.*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
Environment

As soon as Kasane touched the Hieroglyphs a timed trap was set off. Thanatos, whom had taken the corridor with the glowing eyes would find the ground below him turned to dust and below that a black void with another corridor below it. If Thanatos were to fall down into the corridor below, the floor above would reform and like the door to the pyramid would seal over with Thundarius' spell. This corridor that Thanatos was now in would reveal two directions the creature could take, backwards and forwards. Kasane on the other hand would have his corridor scorched with fire. Luckily for Kasane his hall was nearly empty, it was a dead end with nothing but a small Odd Keystone at the very end of it. Seemed Thanatos found the right path, or the Odd Keystone held something more to it that what it looked.
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*As soon as the floor vanished, I knew something was wrong. Thanatos, who let out a yelp began to fall, and I instinctively reached out towards him with the force attempting to levitate him to safety [Force Manipulate]. However, due to concentration issues with seeing the Keystone, I missed my chance, and Thanatos fell, albeit a little slower thanks to the Force power I used. Once the floor reformed, I knew there wasn't a chance of reaching him. However, both through our mental contact and through the Force, I could probably still feel and communicate with Thanatos. I tapped my foot impatiently against the floor, wondering if this could work to my advantage. Deciding to risk it, I told Thanatos to explore further, then I reached out, using [Force Pull] on the Keystone to pull it towards me, making sure to keep my guard up, in case it was another trap. If there were none, and the Keystone came to me freely, I would tuck it away for later, after examining it. I then would turn towards the other hallway, and rush down it, unleashing another flame torrent from my sword towards the eyes, trying to reveal what was there.

Meanwhile, Thanatos, upon receiving word from me, would take the forward course, deeper into the pyramid. He continued on in his "puppy" form, but also walked on only with 4 separate "tongues" of purple flame floating around him, giving him light and used for protection as well. Thankfully, with three heads, and 3 noses, there wasn't much that could sneak up on the little guy....*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
Monsters

The moment Kasane pulled the Keystone, it would suddenly come to life.

A WILD SPIRITOMB APPEARS!

A shadowy wisp would erupt front the keystone, and when it did it immediate attacked Kasane with a sleepy [Hypnosis].

-----

Thanatos wold find that the forward path he took would lead straight down, deep into the heart of the pyramid. As he walked along, a large eye about the size of a CD would appear on the wall behind him and watch as he moved along.
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*As the pokemon came from the Keystone and started to attack, I would turn my hand and with the flick, send the keystone bouncing across the walls and ceiling using the Force, attempting to both injure the pokemon by throwing it against the various surfaces, as well as possibly dislodge it from the Keystone.*

How annoying....

*I growled, feeling the pokemon's attack hit, although probably have little to no effect. I was undead...I didn't sleep, nor would be lulled into such a stupor by such a move. I focused the Force through my mind, allowing it to push past any cloudiness that the pokemon was attempting to cause as well as activating advanced sight through the Force, allowing me to see the pokemon, as well as everything else, much more clearly. I thrust my sword outwards, unleashing a burst of purple flames, the same as Thanatos', towards the area where the Spiritomb was, attempting to damage it as it continued to bounce off walls. Since this flame of Thanatos' was particularly nasty towards all things spiritual and since the pokemon was ghost type, it probably would have greater effect. I kept my guard up, however, making sure to keep an eye on the red eyes that were in the other hallway.*

-------

*Meanwhile, Thanatos continued on, feeling something watching him from the shadows and smelling its presence, but deciding not to act upon it yet. Thanatos was more curious as to what lay ahead of him, and since whatever it was wasn't threatening him yet, he wasn't too concerned, although he also kept his guard up.*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
Monsters

As soon as the Pokemon was tossed around it would almost instantly use [Substitute] Replacing itself with a decoy that took the damage from the throws and flames. The Pokemon seeing the fire, would then use [Rain Dance] after the [Substitute] broke to try and reduce fire's effectiveness.
Environment

The eyes that were gleaming at Kasane would blink, upon doing so, a large wall would rise up behind him blocking the path backwards. The ground below him and the pokemon, like the ground Thanatos had walked on before, would suddenly fade away, and beneath the two, they would find a large downwards shaft-like slide, which at the bottom held a treasure room that was for now in pure darkness. The room at the very core had a sarcophagus at the top of the tallest treasure pile.

----

Thanatos would continue walking, and walking, and walking, it seemed the hallways never ended, or started, was it an illusion, or was it something else.
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*As the floor fell out from underneath us, I spun around, causing a small dust-devil to form around me, slowing my fall. This, along with [Force Pull] would attempt to suck/pull the Spiritomb towards me, and once close enough, bandages would whip around from all across my body and attempt to "mummify" the Spiritomb, in a sense. These bandages came from all around off me and were also covered lightly with Purple Flames, attempting to both capture and damage the Spiritomb. Since there wasn't much room during the rapid fall, it probably would work.*

----

*Thanatos would eventually notice the "never-ending-ness" of the hallway he was walking, and upon doing so he would stop, and turn, so that at least one head could clearly see both ahead and behind him. He was looking for that presence he smelt and felt before, expanding the purple flame orbs around him as he did in attempt to cast more light outwards so he could see further. His noses moved in rhythm, attempting to sniff out whatever was there and also the correct pathway, as his sight might be affected by an illusion.*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
Monsters

The Spiritomb, unable to move during the fall would find itself wrapped and caught within the grasp of Kasane. From there, it was roasted by flames until it fainted.

----

When Thanatos turns his other head, he would seen a Unown R. Upon being seem the Unown would use [Hidden Power]
Kasane
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

*Upon capturing the slightly damaging the Spiritomb, the flames would subside, leaving the pokemon nearly fainted, but not quite. A second later, a pokeball appeared on the mummified mound that encased Spiritomb, swallowing him up, as I attempted to capture him....Might as well. Meanwhile, as I waited for that to go on, I waved my hand spreading several small tongue of flame outwards across the treasure room, attempting to get my barrings. I could see well enough with the Force enhanced sight, but it was nice to have normal light as well. As the candle-less flames spread out, I would noticed the sarcophagus, my eyes drawn to it, wondering what it could be...perhaps containing the Orb..? I wasn't sure, so I didn't approach yet...but a few of the flames drew closer to it, so I could make it out better...*

----

*Upon seeing the Unown, Thanatos would unleash one of the spheres towards the pokemon, the sphere exploding as it went and sending the purple flames in an AoE around the pokemon, attempting to damage it and possibly scare it away. Meanwhile, Thanatos grew in size, about to the size of a car, as thick plates of bone grew over his body, protecting him, and his claws and teeth were also enhanced with the superior bone also, making him ready to do some physical fighting if need be.*
Abilities

Weapons

Pokemon

Beast Mastery

The Force

Solaris Necropolis

Spoiler:
Mummy Form Image
Spoiler:
Sun Pharaoh FormImage
Spoiler:
Sub-Mummy FormImage
NPC

After being injured to a point where it was almost knocked out, the Spirirtomb would retract into the Odd Keystone only to have a pokeball scoop it up, and with relative ease it did so too. After this when Kasane lit up the room he would see nothing out of the ordinary, nothing strange, just a treasure room and a sarcophagus. A few seconds late, torches all around the room would light, lighting the entire room up with an orange glow.

------

the Unown was frightened easily, while being damaged, it also quickly floated away. When it did, the tunnel, obviously an illusion would fade back to normal, there was a long hallway, and 3 possible directions, north, south, east(where he is now) and west. from all 3 of the directions came the scent of Kasane. There was something extra though, Burning from the south, earth/dirt From the west, and the scent of the ocean from the north.

Return to “Novada”